Saturday, December 1, 2012

My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea Cameron

My Favorite MistakeTitle: My Favorite Mistake
Author: Chelsea M. Cameron
Pages: 370
Rating: 4 out of 5
From Goodreads:
Taylor Caldwell can't decide if she wants to kiss her new college roommate or punch him.

On the one hand, Hunter Zaccadelli is a handsome, blue-eyed bundle of charm. On the other, he's a tattooed, guitar-playing bundle of bad boy. Maybe that's why Taylor's afraid of falling in love with him, or anyone else. She doesn't want to get burned, and even though her other roommates adore him, she wants him gone before it's too late.

Hunter himself has been been burned before, but the fact that Taylor calls him out on his crap and has the sexiest laugh ever make him decide maybe love isn't a lost cause. They make a bet: if she can convince him she truly loves or hates him, he'll leave the apartment--and leave her alone. The problem is, the more time they spend together, the less she hates him, and the more she moves toward love.

But when the man who holds the key to Taylor's fear of giving up her heart resurfaces and threatens to wreck everything, she has to decide: trust Hunter with her greatest secret, or do everything in her power to win that bet and drive him away forever.

--------------
“What if I don't want more? What if I just want you?”

I've been in a book slump, a serious one. I couldn't seem to get into anything. I started about ten books before I finally picked up one that pulled me in. My Favorite Mistake was that book.

Taylor is comfortable with her life. She has her friends, she has her sister, and she has her plans. None of those plans involve Hunter. But when he walks into her life she has no choice but to rearrange her plans, especially since he's sleeping in the bed across from her. Hunter makes a bet with Taylor, if she can prove that she either hates or loves him he will leave. Taylor thinks the bet will be easy, but she realizes that Hunter may be the one person who can get past the walls she's built.

Yes, there is a bet involved between two college students, one of them happening to be a virgin. No, it's not like Beautiful Disaster.

Taylor is awesome, but stubborn as hell. I loved her from the first punch. She's the kind of girl I would definitely be friends with.

Hunter had me swooning early on. He was somewhat of a jerk, but I didn't think he was half as bad as Taylor thought.

I loved that there was definitely no insta-love. It was insta-attraction, for sure. Even if Taylor couldn't admit it. Also, the dramatics weren't there. There wasn't any of the breaking up back and forth stuff that starts to get annoying after the fifth time.

The only problem I had with the story, and the reason I took away a star, was that the ending seemed a little anti climatic. I felt like there was a huge build up but the ending left me hanging. Don't worry, it was a HEA, but I wanted a little more.
Overall, I really enjoyed the story and would recommend it to all of my bookish friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment