Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me

 Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This week's Top Ten:
Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me 





Kait [Vixen 1]'s Picks - 
Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2)
1.
Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
I fell in love with Laini Taylor's writing in
Daughter of Smoke and Bone and I am so excited to read DoB&S, but I haven't gotten around to buying it yet. I'm sure most everyone else understands book allowances! haha
Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4)
2.
Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
This has been one of my favorite series since the beginning. I think I might be putting off reading this because I am definitely doing a reread before the film for the first in the series comes out in Feb.

Opal (Lux, #3)
3. Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Everyone knows how much Beth & I love JLA, and obviously I have been eagerly awaiting this release since Onyx. I doubt that I will make it to Christmas without buying this, but I definitely had to put it on my list.

The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
4. The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
A spin-off to the amazing Iron Fey Series, count me in! I am excited to see what Julie did with Ethan's story. And have you seen this cover! Holy gorgeous.

Time Between Us
5.
Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland StoneI haven't read many YA time travel books, and the premise sounds awesome. I've heard a ton of great things about this book.
Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)
6.
 Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
This is a series that everyone is raving about and I need to get my butt on the bandwagon. I definitely wouldn't be disappointed to see this under the Christmas tree!

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
7.
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareI love Cassandra Clare and TMI series. I have read and own Clockwork Angel, the first in The Infernal Devices series, but for some reason I haven't picked up CP yet. I need to get it before Clockwork Princess comes out in March!
Defiance (Defiance, #1)
8. Defiance by C.J. Redwine
First off, best last name ever. Secondly, I've read so many amazing reviews on this that I've pushed it to the top of my tbr for 2013.

Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)
9.
Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
The blurb for this book, not to mention that cover[swoon!], really has me excited to read it. It's one of the books I'm surprised hasn't made it on my shelf or ereader yet. Definitely another that will be up next.


Carnival of Souls
10.
Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr
I've read a few books by Marr that I have loved. This is another book I've heard great things about and it sounds like something I would really love, though I'm not too fond of this cover.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beth [Vixen 2]'s picks - 

1.  Reached (Matched Trilogy Series #3) 
* I CAN NOT wait to finish this series! <333*
 
2. Opal (Lux Series # 3) 
* Seriously, No words can describe the glee I feel about this book coming out! Both Kait and I will probably be chomping at the bit to get this on the 19th*
 
3.The Farm 
* I'm gonna go all 'ErMehGerd' on this one. A book that acknowledges Autism. MUST read.*
4.Black City 
 * Who isn't dying to read this... Oh, people who already have ;) lol*

5.
The Edge of Never 
* So I've heard a few things about this.. and from what I've heard... there's a mega WTF moment I don't want to miss out on! Plus, been on my TBR forever and a day now.*

.The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2) 
by Michelle Hodkin
*Ohhhhhh god. Mara. Noah. 'Nuff said.*
7. Eve and Adam 
*Why have I not read this yet!? Oh. You need money to get books, right? DAMN IT!*

8.
Rapture (Fallen, #4)
 *Honestly, at this point... I just want to finish the story. I wasn't exactly pleased with Passion. I'm hoping that the conclusion is better. Can someone tell me if I NEED to read Fallen in Love??*

9.
Mirage (Winterhaven, #2)
* The first book was so good, I can't wait to read this! I guess I've been waiting for the paperback, so that it looks better in my collection.*

10.
Eden (Providence, #3)
* Well, Jamie Mcguire. She's amazing. I never did get to finish up the Providence series, and since I own copies, and don't YET have an e-reader[I know, what a sin] I want this in an original book form. Been dying for so long now, to finish this awesome sauce!*
What are some of your wishes from Santa to bring you!? Or maybe those magic little elves!

 side-note; hehe. I know that Someone else better bring me something pretty, and shiny, and fits on my finger oh so nicely *hint hint[non-official hubby]* -beth

9 comments:

  1. Regarding Rapture - I haven't read Fallen in Love but I didn't need to in order to completely understand everything in Rapture. It wasn't the best book... it frustrated me a little. Luce is pretty dumb at times. But I felt the need to complete the series. I hate leaving series unfinished. Not one of my favourites but I thought the very end was a fitting way to leave the series. It just took a VERY long time to get there. Not sure if that helps at all.

    As for Santa gifts - I would adore if he brought me Black City. It looks AMAZING! I also think I need to get into the Caster Chronicles. I keep eyeing the first book in the series in bookstores and I think it's one I need to read.

    I hope you both get some fantastic Christmas gifts - even if they're not the sparkly pretty finger bling you may be desiring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Love! *especially about Rapture* I wasn't thrilled with Passion, but alas... I'm the same as you when it comes to finishing series! I'm seriously tired of the House Of Night series. I mean STOP DRAGGING IT ONNN! I'm seriously lacking on that series, but it's cause I don't even want to read them anymore! [Although I heard Hidden was actually good]
      -Beth

      Delete
  2. Great list! I also want to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone book one and two as well as Clockwork Prince. I don't know what I am waiting for! I have a copy of The Farm and hoping to read it soon. I really enjoyed Sweet Evil and Evolution of Mara Dyer- I hope you get to read both soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want all those I don't have from these two lists, which is about a half of each :D Great picks!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list! Time Between Us and The Edge of Never are on my TBR list. Hope ya'll get everything you wish for! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I forgot about Sweet Evil :(

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should start reading the Matched series soon :/ I've always liked its covers :))
    Shadow and Bone seems interesting as well :O

    Thanks for checking out my TTT and I followed you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh your list is epic!! Love love love! Hope you get them all!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Opal! It's on my list too. I already have the ebook, but for Christmas I would love the physical copy. I love this cover!

    ReplyDelete