Thursday, December 6, 2012

Insurgent - Veronica Roth

Divergent - Veronica Roth
    ♥♥♥♥½
 
Insurgent (Divergent, #2)


I have not been waiting for Insurgent like most people after Divergent, seeing as how I read it right after! Divergent introduced us to five factions of a society, Tris, and Four. I loved, loved, loved the Divergent. I think that Veronica Roth is absolutely brilliant in her story telling. I fell in love with the characters all over again in Insurgent. I REALLY liked this book. I thought it was a great sequel. I want to say I loved it... but it definitely made me mad! Oh and talk about Cliff hangers....What the hell!

Insurgent starts off exactly where Divergent ended. The factionless have really entered more of the story. Instead of being at the Dauntless compound, Tris and the crew are pretty much all over the place. This book is really about Tris' journey to live through her guilt of the events that unfolded in the first book.I do have to say though, while Tris' is working through her issues but I kinda annoyed with her, several times. I almost want to say that I wasn't expecting this book to be how it was. Things change.. especially when secrets start coming out of the woodwork.

In Insurgent, what you thought you might know about someone.. just might not be the case. Secrets exposed, Loyalties testes, love questioned, and just utter chaotic uprisings in the factions. Tris learned from a young age to think a certain way, now she learns that what she was told... may be her downfall. I can't wait for the third installment in this series, and Insurgent was definitely an amazing second installment. I will say, The book picks up and gets very dark around half way through.

Veronica Roth definitely had an insane idea, and I'm seriously glad she went with it. Again, it was an amazing book... but I did like the first one better. I feel that this was based a little too heavily on Tris' guilt. All in all, I would definitely recommend this series to anyone who reads, not just YA fans. 

-beth [Vixen 2]

No comments:

Post a Comment