Monday, February 11, 2013

Before I blogged Review: Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs

Before I blogged:
Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs
♥♥♥
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1) 
“I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life, but my life was never ordinary. I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was.”

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is one of the most different books I've ever read. Ransom Riggs delivers a creepy, sensational, mind blowing read.

Jacob has grown up listening to his grandfather’s tales of his childhood years living in an orphanage with Peculiar children on an island of the coast of Wales. He stopped believing his grandfather's stories long ago. Until his grandfather is attacked and dies by a mysterious monster in basically in front of Jacob. His grandfather’s dying words cause him to go in search of this mysterious island and to find the abandoned orphanage while on a trip with his father.

I loved how Ransom incorporated all of the vintage photographs into the story. I really enjoyed the pictures, because when I had trouble making a mental picture of what I was reading, I had the actual photo's to help my imagination along. The premise of this was excellent and completely original. The stories that the children tell are amazing, and the journey that Jacob takes with the peculiar children is phenomenal. He learns things he never thought he would, on an adventure he never thought he'd take. 

-B Vixen

No comments:

Post a Comment