Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lacrimosa by Christine Fonseca

Lacrimosa (Requiem, #1)Title: Lacrimosa
Author: Christine Fonseca
Pages: 344
Rating: 5 out of 5
From Goodreads:
It's been three thousand years since the fall of Azzaziel and the rebirth of evil; three thousand years since the Sentinal Order, an elite group of warrior angels, returned to Celestium. Their job-rid Earth of the dark creatures, the UnHoly. And with luck, end Azza's rule. As if casting out demons isn't hard enough, five-hundred-year-old Nesy has to masquerade as a teenage girl to do it. Nesy is the best of the Sentinals. She never makes mistakes, never hesitates, never gets emotionally involved. Until she meets Aydan. He is evil incarnate; a fallen angel that feeds off the souls of others. Everything Nesy is supposed to hate. But she can't, because he's also the love of her former life as a human girl-a life that ended too soon, tying her to emotions she was never supposed to feel. Now Nesy must choose between doing her duty-damning Aydan to the fiery depths of hell-or saving him, and condemning herself. And her choice may cost her, and Celestium, far more than anyone realizes. How much will she sacrifice for love?

-----

Christine Fonseca has a way with words. I learned that when I read Transcend [click the link to check this book out!]. So I wasn't surprised that I loved every poetic moment of Lacrimosa. I haven't been interested in reading angel and demon books for a while because they all seem to be the same. This book is definitely not like the others. There is something so different and fresh about this story.

I was instantly in love with the story and completely invested in the characters. Nesy and Aydan were a tangled mess of all consuming love and hate. Every painful conflict that Nesy felt, I felt. Every time Nesy and Aydan gave in to their feelings, my heart soared. The relationship was a beautiful battle and I couldn't help but to hope that love would conquer the duty that both Nesy and Aydan felt the need to carry out.

I quite liked the secondary characters as well. I'm glad I read Dies Irae before so I had a much better understanding of Mikayel and Azza. I especially liked Cass and I hope to get to know her better in future books.

I was beyond heartbroken at the end, but was very happy for the small bit of hope I was offered. I can't wait to dive into the second book and become lost in this world once again.

You should do yourself a favor and follow the link HERE and buy a book that is very worth your time.

Also, the prequel, Dies Irae, is FREE HERE!

-Kait[Vixen1]


No comments:

Post a Comment