Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #11

"Waiting on" Wednesday is  a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases in which we are eagerly awaiting. 

Kait [Vixen 1]'s pick: 

In my eyes, Abbi Glines can do no wrong. Every book in the sea Breeze series gets better and better. 
**WARNING: Mature Novel - Not suitable for young teens.**
Just for Now- Abbi Glines
Expected publication: October 23rd, 2012 

Goodreads blurb:
The day Preston Drake figured out that wealthy women paid well for a set of tight abs and a pretty face his life turned around.

The run down rat-infested trailer he had shared with his alcoholic mother and three younger siblings was now only a place he visited to pay the bills and stock the pantry with food.

He no longer worried about his family starving or living without electricity. The money he made entertaining rich older women more than covered his family’s needs and his own. He had it all figured out. Except…

There was this girl.

She was as innocent as he was tainted.

Amanda Hardy wished her knees didn’t get weak when Preston walked into a room. She hated the fact her heart raced when he flashed his smile in her direction. He had a different girl in his bed every night. He was the kind of boy a smart girl ran from. So, why was she coming up with ways to get close to him? Even when it was obvious he wanted to keep her at a distance.

Maybe her heart knew something the world didn’t. Maybe Preston Drake was more than just a pretty face.





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beth [Vixen 2]'s pick: 
  Sanctum - Sarah Fine
Expected publication: October 16th 2012

 "My plan: Get into the city. Get Nadia. Find a way out. Simple."

A week ago, seventeen-year-old Lela Santos's best friend, Nadia, killed herself. Today, thanks to a farewell ritual gone awry, Lela is standing in paradise, looking upon a vast gated city in the distance – hell. No one willingly walks through the Suicide Gates, into a place smothered in darkness and infested with depraved creatures. But Lela isn't just anyone – she's determined to save her best friend's soul, even if it means sacrificing her eternal afterlife. 

As Lela struggles to find Nadia, she's captured by the Guards, enormous, not-quite-human creatures that patrol the dark city's endless streets. Their all-too-human leader, Malachi, is unlike them in every way except one: his deadly efficiency. When he meets Lela, Malachi forms his own plan: get her out of the city, even if it means she must leave Nadia behind. Malachi knows something Lela doesn't – the dark city isn't the worst place Lela could end up, and he will stop at nothing to keep her from that fate.


 This book just sounds so different. I kept looking at it, on Goodreads and debated for a few weeks before I put it on my TBR list. I'm glad I did. I definitely can't wait for the release of this.  - beth


What are YOU "Waiting on" Wednesday for!? Please leave us a link to your page, so we can check out what amazing book you're dying to read!!

5 comments:

  1. I love Abbi Glines soo much. I can't wait for this book to come out either.
    Here's my WoW.
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any Abbi Glines books yet, but I have heard she is amazing and I cannot wait to check them out. Awesome picks!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just for now looks pretty interesting. I really like the sound of it and I'll add it to my to-read list. Great pick! Thanks for sharing!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen both books around quite a bit lately, though I am still not sold on Just For Now especially with that cover. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete