Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Review: The Evolution of Mara Dyer

The Evolution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin
♥♥♥♥♥
The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)


Well...... MIND BLOWN

"There will come a moment when there's nothing you want more than us. Together. When you're free of every fear and there is nothing in our way."

"I would rather die with the taste of you on my tongue than live and never touch you again. I'm in love with you, Mara. I love you. No matter what you do."

If those two quotes don't make you immediately want to go out and buy this book, I CAN'T even deal. I LOVED The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. To say that the "sequel" in this series is a filler, would be a out and out lie. This book seriously keeps you guessing from the first page to the very last. Let me start off with this, if you thought that the first one shook you, be prepared for this one! 

Michelle Hodkin delivers a hauntingly beautiful read, again. I swear every time I said alright, last chapter then its bed time... a new and startling revelation happened and I COULDN'T put this down. I honestly feel dumb-founded right now. I'm so in awe of how much work that Michelle had to put into this series. The descriptions, the research, the crazy un-explainable story line. 

I was completely psychologically baffled. One chapter I thought Mara was crazy insane. The next I thought she was completely sane. The support characters in this novel were absolutely amazing. Jamie with his quick witty banter, and his absolute confidence in Mara. Then there is Noah... with his unconditional love and complete devoted faith in Mara. Boy do I love that overly pretentious cocky bastard! My heart raced with anticipation so many times during this book. 

Well as all amazing books end, Hello Cliffhanger. This one... made me want to cry. I stared at the page.. Flipped to the next. Flipped back. I couldn't believe it! Of all things!? THANK god this is a trilogy, because I don't think I could deal with this being final. All in all, the romance was stunning and the creep factor was crazy out of this world! Honestly, Michelle Hodkin took psychological thriller to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL with this series. I can't wait to see what the final installment has in store for us! 


~ Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment