Friday, November 30, 2012

Divergent - Veronica Roth

Divergent - Veronica Roth
♥♥♥♥♥
Divergent (Divergent, #1)
 



“Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it."

“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”

I know... I'm super late on reading this book. (Like... last person on earth to read it! Haha.) It's funny, I wanted to read this before it even came out! How could I wait so long? I wish I knew... and I know I shouldn't have! Divergent was everything I could have expected from a book and more.

Society is divided by five factions. In your 16th year, they all come together to have a ceremony to pick your faction based on your aptitude test. The 5 factions are: Abnegation [selfless], Dauntless [brave], Amity [peaceful], Candor [honesty] and Erudite [intelligent]. Beatrice brought up in Abnegation and is always suppose to put others needs before her own. As the day of the ceremony comes, She has only one choice. What will she choose? Staying with her family and doing the same boring thing over and over... which sometimes she doesn't even agree with? Or does she take control of her life and start a new life somewhere else?

Veronica Roth has created and weaved together a fascinatingly complex, interesting, and extremely well written novel with Divergent. Starting from chapter one, Veronica grabs you and sucks you into Beatrice's world. Every detail in this book is as I pictured it, while letting your imagination run wild. Divergent is beautifully tied together from one faction to the next. With characters that you absolutely love [(Tris & Four) being favorites, Christina, Will) make this story one you're soon to never forget!I loved all the characters, really and yes.. even the bad guys. Ugh! (Eric and Peter...) The growth in every character is truly phenomenal.

I'm sure I can't say anything that someone else hasn't already wrote about the amazingness that is this book. I'm truly glad that I made myself read this before the end of 2012! Now I get to move on to Insurgent. Shh... Don't tell, but I already started it! I had to put Insurgent down so I could write this before I mix the two together! My god, Veronica. I mean, you've got the perfect anecdote for tragedy, love, bravery, rebellion, betrayal... let me stop, I could go on forever. Anyways! If you haven't picked up this book to read it.. DO IT RIGHT MEOW! I couldn't stop reading. You won't want to either!!!! This is most definitely a one-sit read, if you have the time. 


-beth [vixen 2]

No comments:

Post a Comment