Monday, January 21, 2013

Review: Hopeless - Colleen Hoover

Hopeless - Colleen Hoover
♥♥♥♥♥+

 Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
 **I know Kait just did a review of Hopeless back in december, but - I wanted to write a review for this remarkable book as well. -B **


"The sky is always beautiful. Even when it's dark or rainy or cloudy, it's still beautiful to look at. It's my favourite thing because I know if I ever get lost or lonely or scared, I just have to look up and it'll be there no matter what...and I know it'll always be beautiful."

Nothing can possibly disclose on what an incredible, intense, emotional experience reading Hopeless was. I don't even think words can describe Hopeless. I understood why people were saying it was the best book of 2012, I mean.. DUH it's Colleen Hoover. I didn't need any more of an explanation. I bought this, and saved it for a bit so that I could just open it up on a whim and start reading. There isn't a single thing about this book that I didn't love. It was awe-inspiring, breathtaking, fantastic and poignant at the same time... drawing you in like a magnet. Colleen Hoover's amazing writing style and words were so beautiful and one perfectly chosen for the right moments. Hopeless is a book that will stay with you for very long time.

The characters couldn't have been any better. Sky was angsty with reason, completely shell shocked, and completely adorable. Her mom Karen kept her pretty well secluded from life, until her senior year of high school, when she begged and pleaded to go to public schools, after being home schooled for 13 years. Holder [Jesus christ, where can I get me one of these!?] is known to be a bad boy in town. You know the type, sexy and disturbed. The first time he see's sky he instantly knows there's something about her that's different. Bricken and Six are the 2 best friends of Sky, and are probably the BEST supporting characters I've ever read.

Holder is so deeply in-tuned with her that he needs everything to be absolutely perfect. Both Sky and Holder have to face many horrible things from their past, but they do so together, falling in love and supporting each other during tough times. The connection between Sky and Holder is intense. Colleen makes you feel that intensity in so that everything about their connection makes perfect sense. And even though their connection is instant and undeniable, it's a slow and retaining build. He was all about first with Sky, Until he was about forevers.

This book makes you feel. Embracing every moment in the book; from the first page to the very last. Getting a sneak peak at an intense moment from the end of the book, in the beginning... makes it impossible to put down. You think you know what's coming, but you have NO IDEA. I've never been so completely shocked, by a book in my life. After every page, I just kept saying Holy shit. I mean this book is INTENSE. The issues are real, and heart-wrenching. No matter how intense the story got, there was always a reason to smile and a few times giggle. Especially if it was a message from Holder about how horrible Sky is [You know, to deflate her ego given to her from Six]. That being said, if you don't read this, please just slap your own face for me! I will totally beg and plead for someone to read this... JUST so I can talk to someone about the undeniable epicness of this read. No matter what year you decide to read this, I guarantee it will be a definite in your top 5 of the entire year, if not forever list!

 -Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment