Saturday, August 11, 2012

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett
Expected publication: August 28th, 2012
Rating: 4 out of 5
Pages:
272 pages
From Goodreads:
Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some confessions to make…1. I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

2. I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who might be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.

3. High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry—get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.)

(Sorry. That was rude.)

-------------------------------
This was a great book. At first I was a little apprehensive because of Rose's age, but I got over it pretty quickly.

Rose is a fourteen year old freshman and she's having the worst year of her life. Her dad died over the summer, her best friend is obsessed with losing her virginity, and she's crushing on a bad boy who might have a girlfriend with a mean streak.

This book took me by surprise. I was expecting a very unlikely story, with an even more unlikely ending. What I got was a story that was closer to reality than most teen novels.

I loved the words at the beginning of every chapter. They fit in perfectly with the story line. I loved Rose. I wanted to protect her like she was my younger sister. I felt bad for her sometimes BFF, Tracy, who wanted to be accepted so badly that she was willing to do almost anything. Most of the other characters were kind of blah. I didn't connect much with anyone except Rose.

The one problem I had with this book was the anger. I didn't really see Rose as angry. Sure, she had her moments, but in her situation I would have been much worse.

The ending is somewhat of a cliffhanger. I will definitely be adding the next book to my to-read list. I can't wait to see what sophomore year has in store for Rose.


-Kait[Vixen1]

No comments:

Post a Comment