Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #5

"Waiting on" Wednesday is  a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases in which we are eagerly awaiting.

Kait [Vixen 1]'s pick - 

Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor

Expected Publication:November 6th, 2012

From Goodreads:
In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed "Daughter of Smoke and Bone," Karou must come to terms with who and what she is, and how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, mysteries and secrets, new characters and old favorites, Days of Blood and Starlight brings the richness, color and intensity of the first book to a brand new canvas.

------------

Well that's kind of a crappy synopsis, but I am still so excited for this book. Daughter of Smoke and Bone  was one of the most original and beautiful stories I've read.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Beth [Vixen 2]'s pick -  

This is an out of the norm pick for me, but I really do anticipate reading this. I like the concept of this story. It's a different take on the soul.

Every Day - David Levithan
Expected Publication: Aug. 28th 2012


Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.

Every morning, A wakes in a different person’s body, a different person’s life. There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.
It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.

With his new novel, David Levithan has pushed himself to new creative heights. He has written a captivating story that will fascinate readers as they begin to comprehend the complexities of life and love in A’s world, as A and Rhiannon seek to discover if you can truly love someone who is destined to change every day.




What
's your WoW?
Leave us a link and we'll be sure to check it out!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and I'm following you! I can't wait for Days of Blood and Starlight either!
    -Erika @ Living for the Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! Don't get me started on Days of Blood and Starlight! After the way Daughter of Smoke and Bone ended I can't even! LOL
    Every Day is my pick for this week :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. great picks! I should really read Daughter of Smoke and Bone.. mmhm ._.
    My WOW: http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to read Daughter Of Smoke And Bone, but Days Of Blood and Starlight sounds really good :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks!!! I loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone. The covers are just gorgeous as well. Thanks for the follow!!

    Kristina @ Ever and Ever Sight

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I haven't read Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but I've heard good things about it. Thanks for sharing and for the follow. I'm following back.

    LisNoir @ Black Lilies Are Deadly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Days of Blood and Starlight!!!! I'm really excited to read that one... but I'm also sure I'd buy the book just so that I could always stare at its gorgeous book cover. Great WoW picks! :)

    Liz @ Midnight Bloom Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are two seriously awesome books you have for WOW!
    I cant wait to read both of them.
    I have to read book 1 before DOBAS.
    New follower via GFC. Have a great week :)
    W.O.W @Books and Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking for ward to reading both those too - but especially he 1st one since I LOVED Daughter of Smoke & Bone.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone! I've heard only good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Savindi@ The Streetlight Reader

    I really like the cover of Days of Blood & Starlight! It's so beautiful :). And yay for picking Every Day by David Levithan. I can't wait for the book to come out! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh great choices, both books are ones I want to read. Thanks so much for stopping by my WoW yesterday and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks! I really want to start reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone. It sounds so good! Every Day sounds awesome as well. I've never read a book by David Levithan, but it's never too late to try. This one sounds so good. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete